Acid Paradox - Prime EP Previe Acid Paradox - Prime EP Previe

Wow.

This is just fucking brilliant.
It's only a preview so I can't be bothered to nitpick. So, have all my fives.
Looking forward to the full product!

-Mr.MeD

NM - Into That (WIP) NM - Into That (WIP)

Repetitiveness is a big problem.

Intro is a thumping kick with an arp/sequence in the background, very bland, and irritating after awhile.
0:55, finally, the song changes, took its time. Still, it's just a low bass in the background, does nothing to make the song less repetitive.
1:22, change, using the beginning arp with a bunch of pads. The arp is getting really annoying at this point. And then it cuts off, woo.
2:00 sets the mood for a darker, creepier song, I like the background lead/whatever in the background.
And then the thumping kick comes in again, and then after awhile, the song suddenly ends.

Alright, biggest problems? Repetitiveness is one, lack of variation is another. The kick needs a bit of fixing too. I think the start of the song should be the pads with the background saw, but thats just me (I prefer to listen to ambient pieces.) Still, it's your piece. It's nice, but nothing too interesting or attention grabbing.
Keep making music, you'll do better with time.

NanvanNoord responds:

Thanks for the review.
The pluck (arp) may be disturbing indeed.
The kick and the bass need a bit work, too.
But I am not sure what I shall do with the repetativeness.
I made a remix last year where I introduced a new element, left something out or whatever all 8 bars last year and some people complained that it's not correct for trance since it usually is 16 bars per thing. Besides that I read many pages and they said Trance must be repetative to keep the awesomeness.
Let me know for the case you have some ideas.

Everyday [orchestral cover] Everyday [orchestral cover]

I like the bit where it repeated the same segment.

Alright, I know the original song, it is a bit repetitive to begin with, but take these facts. You used a song that isn't yours, changed the piano to strings, and uploaded it. No effort, really. No attempt at making it unique or individual.
My advice, try to fix this up, make it different, you've just changed the song to strings, that is all you have done.
You know, I don't even think I can rate this properly, so I'll just give you a 4 for your string choices.

RawrMeowPrrr responds:

Actually, it is different from the original. The main strings that you hear, they are not in the original song. The only thing that is the same is the violin spiccato in the background. The melody for the spiccato is just the melody from the actual song. All the other strings are completely different.